If you wanna Root your Redmi K20 pro and install latest custom Recovery image like TWRP? Then you are in the right place. Here we guide you to Root and install Custom recovery image on your Redmi K20 pro.
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Redmi K20 pro launched with budget pricing and it comes with decent specifications.
Remi K20 pro has 6.3-inch Super AMOLED Display with a resolution of 1080*2340 pixels. The device operates with latest Android 9 pie Operating System and Snapdragon 855 processor. The K20 pro is packed with 6/8 GB of RAM and 64/128/256Gb of internal Storage.
You can capture amazing Photos with 20MP front cam and 48/8/13 MP Triple primary camera. The triple camera results in high-quality images so you don’t need to worry about pictures quality.
How To Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi K20 pro
Installing and custom Recovery will enable you to flash new custom ROMs and other stuff. Before installing the Custom Recovery let’s check what are the pros and cons of installing a custom Recovery like TWRP.
Pros of TWRP Recovery
- Install/flash Custom ROMs like Resurrection remix, Lineage OS, Etc..
- take Full backup of your device
- Easy to Root Your device by flashing Magisk ZIP file
- You can install Camera mods like Google cam
- You can easily install Mods
Cons of TWRP Recovery
- You will lose your Device warranty
- The chance bricking the device
- You won’t Receive OTA updates after installing.
- Encounter boot loops
So now let’s move to the installation of TWRP Recovery image. First check below mentioned things and proceed to further steps
- Make sure your device battery charge at least 50% or above
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked if not check here – How to unlock Redmi K20 pro bootloader
- You need a working pc and a USB data cable (your device. Charging cable preferred)
- Backup your important Data
- Download all required files before starting
- Peace of mind and follow all steps carefully
We are not responsible for anything happens to your device. Installing custom Recoveries may result in boot loops and dead SD card. So proceed at your own risk
Download – TWRP.img
Download. – ADB drivers
Download – Magisk
Steps to install TWRP on K20 pro
So let’s start the installation process. Follow every step carefully to avoid any type of errors. Some errors may result in boot loops.
- Download the TWRP image file from the above link to your pc
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your K20 pro by going to developer option. (You can enable developer option by tapping build number multiple times)
- Download and install ADB drivers
- Copy the download TWRP image file to the same folder where you installed ADB fast boot drivers
- Now open a command prompt window/ powers hell window in the same folder by pressing the shift button and right mouse button
- The next step is to boot your device into bootloader / fastboot by pressing the volume up button and power button at the same time
- After enabling USB debugging to connect your device with your PC using a USB cable
- After a successful connection. Type below mentioned command
- Check your device connected or not if it’s not connected property you will get an error try installing the drivers manually and try again
- Now enter below commands
Fastboot flash TWRP.img
- Now reboot your device
That’s it you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your Redmi K20 pro
Now let’s check how to Root your K20 pro
How to Root your Redmi K20 pro
To Root your you need a custom Recovery like TWRP. If you already installed one then follow below steps
Steps to Root your K20 pro
- Download Magisk zip from above links
- Keep the downloaded zip file in your device internal SD
- Boot your device into recovery mode
- Select Magisk zip file and flash it
- Reboot your device
You can also Root your device using Kingroot application. you can read our previous post To know more about how to use kingroot to root your device
That’s it you have successfully Rooted you Redmi K20 pro.
facing any problem? Please feel free to comment below.