Sedlauncher.exe is part of the Windows 10 update package KB4023057 and is designed to improve the speed of Windows Update service on your Windows 10 computer.
Although this item is designed with speed optimization in mind, a large number of users reported issues and asked what sedlauncher.exe was and how to fix high CPU usage caused by it. program.
Users reported that after Windows update KB4023057 their entire computer processor is fully loaded.
Due to which the whole system working in full load due to which it occurs hanging and Several performances issue
This means that the whole system slows down considerably and even simple tasks like copying a file take a long time.
What is Sedlauncher.exe on Windows 10?
Just as Microsoft has reported, a Windows 10 update patch KB4023057 has been released to improve the reliability of the Windows 10 update service components.
This update contains reliability improvements for Windows Update service components in Windows 10, versions 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, and 1803.
Steps may also be necessary to free up space on your device if you do not have enough space to install Windows Updates.
As for Windows 10 program files like sedlauncher.exe, KB4023057 is used together with KB4023057 to perfectly update Windows 10 without any unexpected errors and make your computer more secure for installing the latest version of Windows 10.
The operation of sedlauncher.exe is included in the Windows Fix Service to protect and speed up the Windows 10 update process. This also applies to sedsvc.exe, repl.exe, Luadgmgt.dll, and Sedplugins.dll.
As a result, users can install the latest version of Windows 10 without worrying about unexpected errors.
Sedlauncher.exe is a component of the Windows Remediation Service and protects and improves the speed of the Windows 10 update process. but unexpectedly it is using the full disk which causes hangs in your system and decreases your system speed.
How to disable sedlauncher.exe?
There are two ways to disable the sedlauncher.exe service on your PC.
The easiest way is to open Task Manager. »Right-click the sedlauncher.exe process and select End Task. This way you can stop the process if the disk / CPU usage drops to 100% unnecessarily.
If you want to permanently disable sedlauncher.exe, follow the instructions below:
- Open the RUN dialog box using Windows + R keys, type services.MSC and press Enter.
- Find Windows Remediation Service, right-click it, and select Stop. Then right-click again and open properties.
- In the Windows Patch Service Properties window, set the startup type to “Disabled” and click the “Apply” button.
If the above method did not work then you have to use the below methods.
How can I fix sedlauncher.exe high CPU usage?
Complete and deactivate the “Windows Correction Service” process
Step 1: Press the “Win + R” keys on your keyboard, type “Services.msc” in the Run window and press Enter in the Run window.
Step 2: Sedlaumcher.exe to fix high CPU usage.
Step 3: Scroll down the list of services and find Windows Remediation Service (sedsvc).
Step 4: Windows Fix Service in Windows Services – Sedlauncher.exe Fix High CPU
Step 5: Double click on it to open the properties window.
On the General tab, under Startup type, click the drop-down list and select Disabled. Disabled startup type for Windows Fix Services properties – sedlauncher.exe fixes high CPU.
Step 6: Click Apply and see if the problem persists.
Completely remove the fixes from the Windows installation.
Step 1: Press the “Win + I” keys to open Windows settings
Select Applications. Windows Settings Apps button – Sedlauncher.exe fixes high CPU usage
Step 2: Scroll through the list of apps and features until you find Windows Setup (x64) Hotfixes (KB4023057) or Update for Windows 10 for x64 Systems (KB4023057).
Step 3: Click on the program, then on the Uninstall button. Update for Windows 10 for x64 systems in Apps and Features – sedlauncher.exe fixes high CPU
Check if the problem is resolved
Disable the REMPL task
- Press the “Win + R” keys on your keyboard, type “taskschd.msc” in the Run dialog box, and press Enter. taskschd.MSC – sedlauncher.exe fixes high CPU
- In the Task Scheduler window, click the arrow next to Task Scheduler Library to activate the Task Scheduler Library drop-down menu. Sedlauncher.exe fix high CPU
- Navigate to the “Microsoft -> Windows -> Replace” folder.
- On the right side, you will see a shell task.
- Select the task, press the Delete key, and confirm with Yes. Remove shell task from Replace folder – Repair Sedlauncher.exe high CPU
Use a firewall to block Windows Patch Service
- Click on the Cortana search box, type “Windows Defender Firewall” and open it. Windows Defender in Cortana search box – sedlaucher.exe fixes high CPU usage
- On the left menu, click on Advanced settings.
- Choose the outgoing rules.
- At the top right of the window, click New Rule. Windows Defender Outbound throws new task – sedlauncher.exe fixes high CPU usage
- Select “Program” from the pop-up window and click the “Next” button.
- Navigate to the location of the Windows correction service on your hard drive (C:> Programs> Reply).
- Select the “sedsvc.exe” file and click “Next” three times to complete the process.
- Enter a name for your new rule and click Finish.
or you can use Antivirus to disable this function in your PC.
It is true that the Sedlauncher.exe file plays a crucial role in the KB4023057 update patch. Once this patch is installed,
it is best to disable the executable to prevent it from consuming too much CPU. One of the options to do this is to use your firewall or a third-party antivirus. Since Sedlauncher.exe cannot pass through your firewall, it cannot run and use your processor.
We hope that it may help you to fix your error or if you have another issue regarding our topic then you can ask us in the comment section we will definitely try to give you an answer regarding this topic.