Hey everyone, Are you looking for the Best GBA emulators for Pc? Then you are landed in the right place here you get, Every information regarding the GBA emulator.
As we know that GBA is one of the famous company which was established in the year 2001 by a company called “Nintendo”. GBA stands for the Game Boy Advance, Which is used to play or render the 32-bit handheld games.
It has an ARM7TDMI CPU with 16.78 MHz and a Zilog Z80 CPU with 8 MHz and 4 MHz. It has 32KB of RAM and 96KB of VRAM. That means it contains very lower CPU usage.
Game Boy Advance is another amazing portable video game console. If you want to enjoy these games on your PC or mobile phone, you can use GBA emulators.
This guide will teach you the best GBU emulators to help you play famous GBA games on your Windows PC.
Check this Post: How to Fix Minecraft OpenGL errors on Windows 10
Best Game Boy Advance Emulators for Windows
There are several ways to install the GBA in your windows one is the way to download and install GBA from the Bluestack or Nox emulators or to use the emulators which are mainly created for this type of thing That is GBA emulators For PC.
NoGBA is one of the best GBA emulator for PC
NO $ GBA was released as a Gameboy Advance debugger, but was later released as a regular emulator (version 1.9). It is the first Gameboy Advance emulator to support multiplayer games on the same PC!
The NintendoDS handheld console was supported in later versions.
The No $ GBA fulfills the fundamental role of being an emulator and having other functions as well. In terms of emulation, there is no problem with this one.
The games are smooth and the sound is clear. You also get a number of good incentives.
The No $ GBA emulator can also run Nintendo DS-ROMs. Just make sure you enter the controls different from the GBA controls. You can even enter hints, which it does well and you can easily save screenshots.
When playing Nintendo DS-ROM, the game sometimes crashes. It is better to just use No $ DS emulator or a better DS emulator.
This emulator also lacks a fast save and load feature that some users want. Also, you cannot speed up games or resize the screen except in standard small screen mode or full-screen mode.
2. Visual Boy Advance
The Visual Boy Advance or VBA is considered by many to be the best GBA emulator. It performs the basic and advanced functions of all available GBA emulators.
You can also play Gameboy and Gameboy Color games. It also offers a lot of incentives that you can take advantage of.
Like a real Gameboy Advance, Visual Boy Advance can also play original Gameboy (Color) games. So there is no need for a separate emulator. For this reason, the author has stopped the development of his “normal” Gameboy emulator, Visual Boy.
This is the most reliable GBA emulator on the list. Moreover, VBA-M is one of the oldest emulators that have existed in recent years.
The emulator is completely free and compatible with all GBC (GameBoy Color), GB (GameBoy), and GBA (GameBoy Advance) ROMs.
Visual Advance contains following features
- Compatible with Game Boy, Game Boy Color and GameBoy Advance ROMs
- Import / export function of natively saved games from and to other emulators
- Full memory status support
- Joystick support
- Support for Super Game Boy and Super Game Boy 2 frames and color schemes
- Game Boy Printer Emulation
- Real-time IPS patch (mainly used to read fan translations)
It has many strengths like fast save and load function. You can also easily enter tips and save screenshots. As for the turbo button, you can set how fast you want the boost to work. However, the Visual Boy Advance has the fastest Turbo button available by default.
It is no exaggeration to say that this emulator has no weaknesses. If there were any problems, it falls into the ROM, not the system.
3. mGBA – Best Emulator
mGBA is one of the best emulators for Windows and other operating systems for playing GBA games. These emulators give you additional features that were not available before.
Some additional functions can be saving the game at any time, fixes for games and using cheat codes. Some of the features highlighted by mGBA are:
- Very customizable
- Play Game Boy Advance and Game Boy Color games
- Supports multiple storage locations
- Allows the use of cheat codes (not that you use them)
- Take screenshots
- Support for controller and joystick
- They also make a version for Mac!
The emulator supports cheat codes.
It has the ability to overwrite the game and activate ROM fixes.
The GBA emulator is very easy to use, but its ease of use contradicts the lack of some advanced features.
- Has a huge library of games
- Allows the use of cheat codes.
- Easy setup and installation
- Lacks some advanced features.
- You can download the mGBA emulator here.
4. Higan GBA Emulator For PC
Higan GBA Emulator is another great GBA emulator for PC. The emulator is inherently simple, so it can work on almost any type of hardware.
It is the all in one emulator, This is because it is a good GBA emulator and also emulates other game systems. These include NES, SNES, Gameboy, GBC, Game Gear, SEGA master system, Genesis, Wonderswan , Wonderswan Color and the PC engine.
The ease of use allows the user to control the emulator however they want and want. In addition to GBA games, Higan also supports game emulation for Famicom, Sega Master System, Gameboy Color, Super Famicom, etc.
Emulation is great with this software, but it can cause delays and audio issues while playing. The issue was only present in limited games and not all.
- Supports multiple consoles and games
- Quick setup and having good rendering capabilities
- Offers better color rendering than other emulators
- There is sound delay in some games.
5. BatGBA – A great Emulator for GBA Games on PC
This is the simplest GBA emulator ever available. This is probably the simplest emulator on our list. So simple that there are so many advanced options.
The emulator is small and takes up very little space on your system. It works on almost any hardware with ease. This emulator has been available for years and allows users to easily play all Gameboy Advance games on their PC.
BatGBA Emulator for Gameboy Advance You can download your Gameboy Advance games at home and play with friends,
but now you can feel the power of your Windows PC. Just run your favorite Gameboy Advance ROMs and enjoy it. BatGBA – 224.2 KB file size is completely safe as it has been tested by the most trusted antivirus programs and 67121 of our users.
There is not much to fault this emulator as it does what it was designed to do. The only thing missing is that it lacks some advanced features.
- easy to install the Game inside the Emulator
- Supports all types of the commercial and non-commercial GBA game
- Doesn’t require a lot of knowledge to use
- Simplest emulator available
- Runs all available GBA games.
- The emulator does not have advanced features.
How to use Gba in Multiplayer Mode in your pc
- Place the GBA BIOS file in the emulator folder and rename it to “gba.rom”.
- Run No $ GBA.exe
- Select a GBA image (without postal code)
- Go to “Options” / “Emulation configuration”.
- Increase the number of “emulated Gameboys”
- In “Link Gamepaks”, set “Gamepaks in all GBA”.
- Under “Reset / Startup Entrypoint”, set “GBA BIOS (Nintendo Logo”).
- Click on OK. You should then see 2 GBA screens side by side
- Right-click on the left window and click “Link” to return to the normal window.
- Then repeat the right click and click on “Link”, and let’s go, the 2nd Gameboy starts!
Faq’s (Frequent Answerable Questions)
1. What are the system requirements for mGBA?
Ans. GBA has been running on almost every computer over the past decade, as well as on several additional platforms:
- Windows (Vista or later)
- Mac OS
- Linux BSD
- Nintendo 3DS (New 3DS required for GBA games)
- Nintendo Switch
- Playstation Vita
If you want to run GBA Softwares on Windows XP or other systems running RetroArch, use the Libretro kernel instead. Please note that the Libretro kernel is not always synchronized with the standalone version and there may be issues that no longer exist upstream.
2. Can I save my game progress?
Ans. Yes, you can save your game progress to start over where you left off! Use the instructions below to save and load your game.
To save your game, do the following:
Hover your mouse pointer over the game screen to reveal the icons at the bottom of the emulator screen. Look for the icon with a down arrow in the bottom corner of the screen. The icon should read “Save” or “Save State” when you hover over it.
Tap the icon to upload your backup file (.sav). Download the file with the desired title and keep it anywhere on your computer. Make sure the file name has a .sav extension.
3. Can I use a USB controller?
Ans. You certainly can! All you need to do is associate the keyboard keys with the controller keys in the USB controller settings.
4. Can I play the game in full-screen mode?
Ans. Yes, after starting the game, hover your mouse over the Emulator screen to display the options bar at the bottom of the screen. Find the “Full Screen” icon and click on it. You should now be able to play the game at the full-screen size of your monitor.
5. Can I play in multiplayer mode?
there is no multiplayer mode yet. But if there is an option you can play. You can only play the game with one controller. You can of course share the games with your friends and compare your results individually.
You can also share saved game files with your friends via email or other communication platforms so they can play your games!
So it’s all about “GBA emulators for Windows GBA emulator”. If you think this helps, let us know your suggestions in the comments section below. Which one did you choose? Found another alternative that we can’t cover in this article? Comment below!